John's Baked Avocado with Duck Eggs & Bacon
Baked Avocado with duck eggs and bacon
For me, this might just be the perfect brunch dish. There are a ton of rich flavors here. Pair it with toast (to mop up the eggy-gooey-goodness of the duck egg yolks, as well as some fresh squeezed oj (or a mimosa perhaps?) and you're in for a real treat.
PS - save any unused egg whites for other creations: macaroons, meringue cookies, egg white omelet, etc.
What I used:
4 duck egg yolks
4 strips of your favorite bacon (cooked)
Pickled chili peppers
Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. I had a little trouble keeping the avocados laying flat so I made little donut-shapes out of aluminum foil to support them.
- Pit the avocados and scoop them out with a spoon all in one piece. Place the meat of the avocado back into the skin for baking. Place the avocado halves onto your baking sheet.
- Salt and pepper avocados to taste
- Separate yolks and whites of duck eggs.
- Using a spoon, slide one yolk into the "bowl" of the avocado (the space where the pit was)
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes - the yolk will be partially set
- While the avocados are backing, slice up the bacon into thin strips
- Remove the avocados from the oven and transfer to a serving dish
- Sprinkle bacon strips all over the top
- Add a TINY amount of pickled chili peppers if you want to add in a little spiciness.
- DIG IN!